An Expert in my Field.


Good morning! Today I’m going to talk to you about an interesting biochemist. In the first year of university, for a subject, with teammate we had to interview an academic from the university and it was then that I met in person an expert researcher in the field of biochemistry. 
This person is called Mario Chiong Lay and he is an associate professor in the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. He has a biochemist and doctor rank. When we did the interview, he told us a little about his life and well, he told us that in 1978 he won a Prize at the scientific exhibition at the regional level when he was in the school. Later 1981 between 1986 he studied biochemistry at the University of Chile, and also during this stage he taught at the pre-university in parallel to his career. When he finished university, in 1987 he was invited to be a professor at the same university where he was until 1990. Later, from 1991 to 1998 he worked in a private company and from 1999 to the present he is an academic at the University of Chile again.
During his years of work, he has dedicated himself to work on multiple investigations, such as research of heart and blood vessel diseases or research differences in employability between students who studied postgraduate studies in Chile vs. students who do postgraduate studies abroad.
I like this professor for his motivation and vocation for what he does. I remember when we did the interview, he was very kind to us and when he talked about his work, he felt a lot of passion in his words. Something that I will not forget, is that we asked him how it was in his university years and he humbly told us that he had done well like everyone, but discovering more, he told us that in the six basic chemistry subjects of the Biochemistry career he obtained grade 7,0 as an average and within myself I said: “Of course! Everyone has an average of 7,0 in our subjects”; I was stunned.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

A singer I like.

My best friend.